"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." A.A. Milne

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Finding Beauty in Winter

I may have mentioned I find winter to be difficult to get through. Depression finds me fairly easily and I must be vigilant to keep it from taking hold. This winter I am looking with an artist's eye and I truly believe it is helping.

I have always thought of winter to be bleak and filled with unrelenting gray. But I have found I was wrong.


Nature provides color through all of her seasons if you will just take the time to seek it out.



There are moments of beauty only present for a short time in these cold months. Temperature rising just a few degrees higher destroy the delicate beauty of ice formations never to come exactly the same way again.

Learning to be present is teaching me to deeply admire and study these fleeting scenes. Rather than allowing my thoughts to drift to the expectation of the season yet to come, I am focusing here and now. Each moment, each season, even the ones I have trouble embracing, are filled with lessons, beauty, and the opportunity to be filled with wonder and amazement.

No comments:

Post a Comment