"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." A.A. Milne

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sparkly Glitter and Bright Hair Bows

Hi, my name is Karen and I am a soccer mom failure. I cannot wear matching sweatsuits with a perky haircut. Don't get me wrong, that is totally cool if that is you but it just isn't me. It makes me feel so fake and blah! Deep down in my heart I am a sparkly fairy ready to burst forth and spread sunshine and rainbows. There are days I really want to wear a tiara because I think it is pretty. I like clothes with glitter. I really do. There it is, my admission.

There was a time in my life I said, when I am 70, I am going to wear a tiara and sparkly purple eyeshadow. I am going to wear a feather boa to Walmart if I deign to do so that day. I am not longer care what people think and I will let my personality really shine through.

Well kids, hold on because it looks like 70 has come 30 plus years early. I have decided I am going to live out that attitude now while I can still dance wildly dressed in glitter and feathers. And I have my hoop and the freeing nature hoopdance to thank for it. So thank you hoop! Thank you hoopdance! I love you!

Somewhere in my head, it became embedded that I had to become more conservative and reserved as I became older. Now that I was a mother, I had to put a public face on and be more dignified.Well I have decided I don't wanna. Besides, I am not a mother, I am one hip, groovy momma and I am going to stay that way. I am going to buy ruffly shorts to hoop in and have a friend make me sparkle filled colorful hairbows to put in my hair. I am even going to wear glitter eyeshadow and I am going to love life while I do it. If anyone has anything nasty to say I can guarantee they aren't loving life as much as I am. Besides, my husband things it is sexy. And that is a good enough reason on its own.

Seriously though, why do we hide behind clothes that aren't really us and practice hobbies that are proper for our stage of life but we don't really have much interest in? You can be a mature, responsible adult and wear fairy wings if you so choose. You really can. Why do we find it necessary to hide away parts of our personality in order to be more acceptable to others? We are fearfully and wonderfully made with all our quirks and eccentricities. God loves us for who we are not for some public persona we might pretend to be.

So my question to you is, are you hiding? Are you covering up some quirks that others might think strange? I guarantee you we all have them. Is this inhibiting you to leading you life fully, outloud, and with abundance? If so, are you willing to have the courage and step out as you truly are? I hope you join me. I think it is going to be an incredible adventure.

I gotta go, I have to design my hairbows and get my friend to make them for me

No comments:

Post a Comment